CNA CERTIFICATION in New York
CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) is an entry level position which can be your stepping stone to enter the healthcare field. CNA certification in New York is handled by the Department of Health. CNAs help patients with their treatment and to ease their daily routine. These professionals play an important role in healthcare settings. The career in this field is pleasing and in order to initiate your career as a CNA, you need to attend CNA training programs. Training programs help you get a CNA license.
As per the federal law, CNA programs, recognized by the Department of Health in New York, include 175 hours of learning. Out of this duration, 100 hours are for clinical sessions in which students are provided with practical knowledge in the clinics and remaining 75 hours are planned for the classroom studies. The CNA training programs may run for 2 months or more to earn the accredited hours.
New York CNA Certification Requirements
Check out the necessary requirements listed below. These are the prerequisites in order to appear for CNA certification in New York:
- Students, who want to apply for the CNA exam, have to pass the Nursing Assistant Examination first. You should have a GED certificate or High School Diploma.
- If your background check comes out to be negative then you disqualify for the certification process. Tuberculosis (TB) test report of last 6 months with immunizations proof should necessarily be provided.
Submit the documents like:
- Finger prints
- photo id
- 2×2 passport size photos.
Transferring CNA Certification
You too, can enjoy the benefits of working in the state of New York, by transferring your CNA certificate from other states. Here we go:
- Send the request for reciprocity to the Nurse Aide Registry, New York. Fill the reciprocity and select the box that says “Would you wish to get certified in the New York state through the reciprocity?”
- Submit the training curriculum section to the program coordinator.
- Attach the photocopy of your certification with the form. You also need to provide the details of your certification number and expiry date.
- Provide the proof of working on a post of certified assistant for last two years on the company (where you are currently working) letterhead.
- Final step is to submit the fee ($50) along with your application through reciprocity.
CNA Certification Renewal in New York
You will get the notification and the renewal form via mail from the Nurse Aide Registry. You are supposed to fill the form completely and mail it back along with all necessary details. Renewal takes place in every two years.
One thing, worth keeping in mind is that you have to perform the role of nursing assistant for at least 8 hours in two years as a paid employee in order to become eligible for the renewal process.
CNA Certification New York Videos
CNA Certifications by States
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia