CNA CERTIFICATION in South Dakota
CNA certification in South Dakota is regulated by the State Board of Nursing. CNAs have a pleasing job prospect along with a high salary. The demand for CNAs always remains sky high in South Dakota. Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English are the requirements for pursuing CNA certificate.
Training is very crucial and plays a vital role in making an applicant a successful nurse assistant. Therefore, it is very important for every aspirant to attend a nurse aide training program, which is accredited by the state.
According to the regulations of federal government, a CNA training program should be at least 75 hours of duration. In South Dakota, a training program should include at least 100 hours of clinical practice rendered over a period of 13 weeks. These hours of clinical practice should be intended to satisfy requirement of 75 hour of accredited training. These classes may last for 2 to 6 months and must be provided by a registered nurse. A training program must include coursework on infection control, dignity protection, personal care, etc.
South Dakota CNA Certification Requirements
Aspirants of CNA certification need to satisfy following requirements:
- First requirement is to bestow the General Educational Development (GED) certificate or High School Diploma and clear the Nursing Assistant Examination to get a hold on the CNA certification.
- Application should comprise of skin tuberculosis report of last 6 months and immunizations’ proof along with photo identification, two figure impressions, background check and two passport size photos.
Transferring CNA Certification
Below are steps, which may help you to transfer the CNA certificate.
- First step is to get the endorsement application by Nursing Assistant Registry or you can download the form from the link below: http://doh.sd.gov/Boards/Nursing/documents/FormCNAEndorsement.pdf
- Second step is to ensure that your certificate is still active in the state from where you want to transfer from, with a good standing status of employment record.
- Third step is to read the instructions carefully and complete the application correctly.
- Fourth step is to gather all the details and get the form filled by the current employer.
- Fifth step is to complete the application, submit the fee and mail it to the address below:
SD Nursing Aide Registry
SD Board of Nursing
4305 South Louise Avenue, Suite 201
Sioux Falls, SD 7106-3115
CNA Certification Renewal in South Dakota
In the state of South Dakota, one has to renew the certificate in every twenty four months. During that period, the employment record should stay positive without any bad record. An applicant has to perform duties of nursing assistant as a paid employee for some duration in past two years.
One can also renew the certificate by visiting the website, you will obtain the renewal papers prior to the expiry of your certificate, you need to fill the documents and mail it back.
CNA Certification South Dakota Videos
CNA Certifications by States
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia