CNA Scholarships and Grants
CNA scholarships and grants help the financially weak students in realizing their dream of becoming a certified nursing assistant. Due to lack of CNAs, private firms offer monetary aids to the prospective nurses. Besides private institutions, government also provides grants to the deserving candidates, for pursuing nurse aide training. Scholarships and grants help you cover entire expenses of the training. Read on to know more about nursing assistant grants and scholarships.
How to get grants or scholarships?
All students are not eligible for receiving scholarships or grants, for pursuing certified nurse aide training. You have to meet a specific criterion for receiving monetary aids. Here are the tips for getting grants:
- Be proactive. Start looking for grants and scholarships while pursuing a diploma in high school.
- Remember, you alone have not applied for financial aid. There are several other applicants from whom you have to compete. You have to prove yourself as “an eligible candidate” in the eyes of grants and scholarship committee.
- An outstanding GPA (Grade Point Average) increases your chances of receiving financial assistance.
- Your application for grants and scholarships should be decent.
Types of grants and scholarships
Here is the description of different types of financial aids:
- Private grants
Various private firms and institutes like, career advice and recruitment agencies, offer financial assistance to the aspiring candidates. Healthcare facilities and nursing homes offer certain beneficial schemes that help in recovering training expenses. Incentive programs are also organized by some states, to provide a helping hand to the students. Certain long term medical facilities receive funds from state medical boards, annually. They use these funds to train the prospective certified nurse aides.
- Opportunity grants
Don’t give up your dream of becoming a nurse aid, if you are not eligible or able to get the conventional financial assistance. Different states have different eligibility requirements. This grant is provided according to your income level. You may qualify for the grant, if you are going to pursue nurse aide training through a community college. Visit a community college in your locality and contact the financial assistance department, to enquire about the required qualifications.
- College grants
Several vocational schools, nursing colleges and community colleges provide monetary assistance to the students. These institutes have separate financial aid departments, which provide information about the requirements essential for obtaining grants and scholarships. Some facilities even pay for your training fees, if you are willing to provide your services to them for a definite period of time, after completion of the training.
- Disability grants
If you are physically disabled, then you are entitled to receive disability grants through ‘vocational rehabilitation programs’. These programs are conducted by several states. You can gather more information, by visiting either workforce office or district office in your locality.
- Federal grants
Federal grants are generally provided for short duration nurse assistant programs. This grant is offered to the candidates belonging to minority groups, like single parents, ethnic minorities or women.
- State grants
You may take the advantage of incentive programs conducted by the state, but you have to work in underprivileged areas after completing the training.
The Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
If you are jobless and wish to start your career as a CNA, then Workforce Investment Act (WIA) allows you to get a free CNA training. This Act came into action, to help the jobless people of U.S.A. Under this Act, there is a provision of free training in several courses, for those unemployed people, who meet specific criteria. CNA training program also come under WIA.
CNA Scholarships and Grants- General information
- More than 100 universities and colleges receive funds from the Department of Health and Human Services of U.S. These institutions utilize these funds to provide scholarships and grants to the students, for pursuing nursing assistant training.
- You may get scholarship if you want to continue your studies, to advance your career as an RN or LPN, after becoming a CNA.
- Various private, state and federal institutes offer scholarships to those aspirants, who are willing to work in under-served or underprivileged regions, after completion of the training.
- Some nursing employers provide grants or scholarships to the volunteers, for pursuing CNA training. But on completion of the training, they have to work with these employers for an aforesaid period of time.
CNA Guide by States
- 10 Must Have Characteristics for a CNA
- 7 Tips to Boost your CNA Exam Score
- Accelerated CNA Programs & Requirements
- Best and Worst States to Work as a CNA
- Caregiver CNA: Education, Salary and Career Scope
- How to Become a CNA?
- CNA Agencies
- How to get a CNA card Updated?
- CNA- Career Advancement Options
- CNA Certification Exam
- CNA - Continuing Education
- Certified Nursing Assistants in Demand Globally
- Duties of a CNA Working in Home Health Care
- CNA Education
- CNA exam preparations
- Is CNA a Hard Job?
- CNA and HHA
- CNA Home Health Aide Jobs, Salary & Scope
- CNA Housekeeping Basics
- CNA Insurance
- CNA Job Description
- CNA Job Interview Tips
- CNA Licensing and Credentialing
- CNA License Transfer
- Become a CNA with Prometric Testing
- CNA Recertification
- Is CNA a Recession Proof Career?
- CNA Resume Cover Letter
- CNA Sample Resume
- CNA Scholarships and Grants
- CNA to LPN programs
- CNA to RN Programs
- CNA Training Cost
- CNA vs PCA: Differences
- How does a CNA spend a work day?
- CNAs and CPR
- Course Covered in CNA Classes
- Create CNA Resume?
- Demand of CNA Jobs in U.S.
- Difference between CNA and LPN
- Difference between CNA and PCT
- Difference between CNA and RN
- Difference between Medical Assistant and CNA
- Duties of a CNA
- Duties of a CNA Working in a Nursing Home
- Health Regulations and Ethics for CNAs
- Job Description of a Hospice CNA
- Hospital CNA
- Hospitals that Provide CNA Training
- How to become a CNA instructor
- How to choose Accredited CNA Schools
- How to find government grants for CNA training?
- How to get back Lost CNA Certification
- How to Get Your First CNA Job
- How to Pass CNA Certification Test?
- How to Pass Skills Test in CNA Exam?
- How to Switch to a New State CNA Registry?
- How to verify CNA Certification?
- Importance of Certified Nurse Aides in Medical Field
- Is CNA a Good Career Choice?
- Is CNA and STNA Same?
- Long-Term Care CNA Duties
- On-the-job CNA Training
- Online CNA Classes
- Online CNA Classes Vs Campus Classes
- Operating Room CNA Job Description
- Patient Care Tips for CNAs
- Pros and cons of being a CNA
- Red Cross CNA training
- Standard CNA Job Interview Questions
- Tips and Tricks for CNAs
- Tips for a Newly Hired CNA
- Top 5 Reasons to Choose a CNA Career
- Travel CNA Job Description
- What makes you a Good CNA?
- Where can a CNA Work?