How to Pass Skills Test in CNA Exam?
Are you preparing for the skills test in CNA exam? If yes….read this article. This article includes the tips useful for getting success in the test.
About the CNA skills test
In order to work as a certified nursing assistant, the students have to qualify the skills test in the CNA examination. Qualifying the skills test is the first step to enter in the field of nursing. This test is conducted to verify the basic nursing knowledge and skills of the prospective nurse aides. The test is divided into two parts- written part and clinical part.
- Written part
The written part of the exam is very easy and comprises of multiple choice questions. The questions are based on fundamental medical conceptions. If you attend the theoretical portion of the training program attentively and study the nursing course with dedication, you can easily get through this part of the exam.
- Clinical part
This part is a bit difficult. In clinical skills test, you have to demonstrate the clinical skills. If you have learned these skills with dedication during the practical sessions of the program, you will easily pass the test. Students display their skills on an escort. The students, who are appearing for this test, have to carry an escort themselves. The examiner may ask you to display 3 to 5 skills. You are intensely observed and evaluated by the examiner. So be careful while attending the clinical part of CNA skills test.
Useful tips to qualify skills test in CNA examination
Here are some of the tips that will help you pass the skills test:
Tips for passing written test:
- Sincerely attend the theoretical portion of the CNA training program.
- Before appearing for the written test, revise the nursing text books and manuals provided during the training program.
- There are several free practice tests available, which expose you to several multiple choice questions. Take these tests and you will surely get success.
- Always use the best study material.
- Discuss the topics and processes with your friends and professors. This will enhance your knowledge about the topics and processes.
Tips for passing clinical test:
- While attending the clinical test, do not take stress and stay calm. Recall whatever you have learned during the training.
- Observe the different processes being taught to you during clinical part of the training minutely.
- Practice the commonly asked clinical skills questions as much as you can. Some of these skills are: measuring vital signs, moving the patient from bed to wheelchair, relocating the patient, grooming a patient, wound dressing, holding a bedpan, etc.
- Listen cautiously, what your examiner is asking you to do.
- Before beginning any clinical task, wash your hands. While washing the hands, display the appropriate technique.
Following resources will help you get success in the test:
- NNAAP Nurse Aide practice written exam packet
The practice written exam package prepares you for the actual skills test exam. It introduces you to the types and styles of questions that generally come in the skill test. This package comprises of multiple choice questions and it also provides you the answer key for those questions.
- State Nursing Exam Practice Test
Various states of U.S.A. conduct online nursing exam practice test. Your answers are checked automatically in this test.
- Pro-metric Practice Exam
This practice exam comprises of fifty multiple choice questions. You can check your answers through the answer key after completing the exam.
- Study Books
Various text books are available to guide you for the skills test. These books comprises of several useful tips to qualify the test.
CNA Guide by States
- 10 Must Have Characteristics for a CNA
- 7 Tips to Boost your CNA Exam Score
- Accelerated CNA Programs & Requirements
- Best and Worst States to Work as a CNA
- Caregiver CNA: Education, Salary and Career Scope
- How to Become a CNA?
- CNA Agencies
- How to get a CNA card Updated?
- CNA- Career Advancement Options
- CNA Certification Exam
- CNA - Continuing Education
- Certified Nursing Assistants in Demand Globally
- Duties of a CNA Working in Home Health Care
- CNA Education
- CNA exam preparations
- Is CNA a Hard Job?
- CNA and HHA
- CNA Home Health Aide Jobs, Salary & Scope
- CNA Housekeeping Basics
- CNA Insurance
- CNA Job Description
- CNA Job Interview Tips
- CNA Licensing and Credentialing
- CNA License Transfer
- Become a CNA with Prometric Testing
- CNA Recertification
- Is CNA a Recession Proof Career?
- CNA Resume Cover Letter
- CNA Sample Resume
- CNA Scholarships and Grants
- CNA to LPN programs
- CNA to RN Programs
- CNA Training Cost
- CNA vs PCA: Differences
- How does a CNA spend a work day?
- CNAs and CPR
- Course Covered in CNA Classes
- Create CNA Resume?
- Demand of CNA Jobs in U.S.
- Difference between CNA and LPN
- Difference between CNA and PCT
- Difference between CNA and RN
- Difference between Medical Assistant and CNA
- Duties of a CNA
- Duties of a CNA Working in a Nursing Home
- Health Regulations and Ethics for CNAs
- Job Description of a Hospice CNA
- Hospital CNA
- Hospitals that Provide CNA Training
- How to become a CNA instructor
- How to choose Accredited CNA Schools
- How to find government grants for CNA training?
- How to get back Lost CNA Certification
- How to Get Your First CNA Job
- How to Pass CNA Certification Test?
- How to Pass Skills Test in CNA Exam?
- How to Switch to a New State CNA Registry?
- How to verify CNA Certification?
- Importance of Certified Nurse Aides in Medical Field
- Is CNA a Good Career Choice?
- Is CNA and STNA Same?
- Long-Term Care CNA Duties
- On-the-job CNA Training
- Online CNA Classes
- Online CNA Classes Vs Campus Classes
- Operating Room CNA Job Description
- Patient Care Tips for CNAs
- Pros and cons of being a CNA
- Red Cross CNA training
- Standard CNA Job Interview Questions
- Tips and Tricks for CNAs
- Tips for a Newly Hired CNA
- Top 5 Reasons to Choose a CNA Career
- Travel CNA Job Description
- What makes you a Good CNA?
- Where can a CNA Work?